Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Kapil Kumar <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/13 15:02:38 UTC

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone,

Hope you find this well.

My name is Kapil Kumar and I joined the mailing list today.

I work as an Oracle DBA professionally and I really appreciate the efforts
of the apache community.

Mark helped me getting subscribed and I am thankful for that but I would
really appreciate some pointers on how to get started.

Consider me as a novice and please help me build and upscale myself with the
community.

And, a happy weekend to all.

Regards

Kapil Kumar

---

Re: Hello everyone!

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 13/10/2017 16:02, Kapil Kumar wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Hope you find this well.
>
> My name is Kapil Kumar and I joined the mailing list today.
>
> I work as an Oracle DBA professionally and I really appreciate the efforts
> of the apache community.
>
> Mark helped me getting subscribed and I am thankful for that but I would
> really appreciate some pointers on how to get started.
>
> Consider me as a novice and please help me build and upscale myself with the
> community.

Welcome to the Tomcat development community.

First thing to do is to get a copy of the source code. You can use git
or svn. Details here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/svn.html

If you opt for git, I recommend working with the GitHub mirrors.

Once you have the source code, follow the instructions in BUILDING.txt
in the root directory to build a local Tomcat instance from source.

Once you built a local Tomcat instance and confirmed it is working, we
can point you towards some development tasks to get you started.

Any questions, just ask. I'm sure there are places where we could make
the documentation clearer.

Mark