Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by commochief <jo...@staleyhome.net> on 2019/05/21 02:52:34 UTC

Unable to RDP to new Guacamole Server

All,

Struggling with a new Guacamole deployment that I can not get working for
the life of me. I get the following error message:

02:47:39.046 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] ERROR
o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket tunnel to
guacd failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection
refused)
02:47:39.294 [http-nio-8080-exec-10] ERROR
o.a.g.s.GuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet - HTTP tunnel request failed:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

This is built on Microsoft Azure using CoreOS and Docker containers.

DISTRIB_ID="Container Linux by CoreOS"
DISTRIB_RELEASE=2079.4.0
DISTRIB_CODENAME="Rhyolite"
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Container Linux by CoreOS 2079.4.0 (Rhyolite)"
NAME="Container Linux by CoreOS"
ID=coreos
VERSION=2079.4.0
VERSION_ID=2079.4.0
BUILD_ID=2019-05-15-0808
PRETTY_NAME="Container Linux by CoreOS 2079.4.0 (Rhyolite)"
ANSI_COLOR="38;5;75"
HOME_URL="https://coreos.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://issues.coreos.com"
COREOS_BOARD="amd64-usr"

CONTAINER ID                                                       IMAGE
COMMAND
CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                  NAMES
ca4084215de1085efab0f609fb3f5317d1e2b53f8970394bd69ba218e993788e
guacamole/guacamole:latest   "/opt/guacamole/bin/start.sh"
14 minutes ago      Up 14 minutes       0.0.0.0:80->8080/tcp
some-guacamole
2dc7a78df0d950199612d3da93a4dd3f49966400095e95129772ad1e57142798
mariadb:10.1                 "docker-entrypoint.sh mysqld"
14 minutes ago      Up 14 minutes       3306/tcp
some-guacamole/mysql,some-mariadb
92e331108c16be0d9f79fe35fcbf5b24053bd0b19b7454d9a5eb5baa4de1370e
guacamole/guacd:latest       "/bin/sh -c '/usr/local/guacamole/sbin/guacd -b
0.0.0.0 -L $GUACD_LOG_LEVEL -f'"   14 minutes ago      Up 14 minutes
4822/tcp               some-guacamole/guacd,some-guacd

The guacd log shows nothing at all.

sudo docker logs some-guacd
guacd[6]: INFO: Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 1.0.0 started
guacd[6]: INFO: Listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 4822

Any ideas or other logs to check? Thanks in advance!

Re: Unable to RDP to new Guacamole Server

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 8:52 PM commochief <jo...@staleyhome.net> wrote:

> What line would I add to my guacamole.properties? Trying to find syntax in
> the docs and just not finding it. Pointer is fine if I am just totally
> missing it.

guacd-hostname: hostname.example.com
guacd-port: 1234

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#initial-setup

-Nick

Re: Unable to RDP to new Guacamole Server

Posted by commochief <jo...@staleyhome.net>.
What line would I add to my guacamole.properties? Trying to find syntax in
the docs and just not finding it. Pointer is fine if I am just totally
missing it.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Re: Unable to RDP to new Guacamole Server

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 6:42 AM commochief <jo...@staleyhome.net> wrote:

> So I was able to get it to establish a connection by setting the guacd
> proxy
> connection manually in the connection profile using the IP of the guacd and
> the port. Is there somewhere in the configuration that this is not set? I
> never ran into this with my previous installations so not sure where this
> is
> configured.

It defaults to host "localhost" and port "4822", so if your guacd proxy is
something other than that, you'll need to set it explicitly, either in the
connection settings or in guacamole.properties.

-Nick

Re: Unable to RDP to new Guacamole Server

Posted by commochief <jo...@staleyhome.net>.

I have tried both IP and hostname in the network hostname field. Is there a
better log that might steer me towards the root cause?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Re: Unable to RDP to new Guacamole Server

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 20, 2019, 19:58 commochief <jo...@staleyhome.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Struggling with a new Guacamole deployment that I can not get working for
> the life of me. I get the following error message:
>
> 02:47:39.046 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] ERROR
> o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket tunnel to
> guacd failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection
> refused)
> 02:47:39.294 [http-nio-8080-exec-10] ERROR
> o.a.g.s.GuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet - HTTP tunnel request failed:
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

Check that you are entering the hostname into the field for the RDP server.
There is another field just above it for overriding the guacd hostname.

- Mike

Re: Unable to RDP to new Guacamole Server

Posted by commochief <jo...@staleyhome.net>.
I also added a test VM to the same VNet to rule out any flakiness with an NSG
or something in Azure and that made no difference.

The only other error I am seeing is when I pull up the journalctl I see the
following error:

locksmithd[1086]: Unlocking old locks failed: error setting up lock: Error
initializing etcd client: client: etcd cluster is unavailable or
misconfigured. Retrying in 5m0s.