Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Aleksander Ściborek <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/14 19:26:29 UTC

[Lang] Rounding Duration

Hello everyone
During implamanting a feauture in Java I noticed that there is no methods
to round duration for instance:
between 10:00 and 12:31 there is 2h 31 min. I want to write some methods to
reduce boilerplate code to calculate  time in given unit between temporals
and round this time - e.g. for 2 h 31 minutes it should return 3 hours
Aleksander

Re: [Lang] Rounding Duration

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Unless someone else (on the PMC) beasts me to it, my plan is to create a
release candidate (RC) soon and then the community can vote. Please see
https://commons.apache.org/releases/index.html.

Gary

Re: [Lang] Rounding Duration

Posted by Aleksander Ściborek <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes I think it's a good idea :)

Re: [Lang] Rounding Duration

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Lang] Rounding Duration

Posted by Aleksander Ściborek <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Lang] Rounding Duration

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.

Re: [Lang] Rounding Duration

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Let's cut a Lang release and then update to Java 8.

Gary

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018, 13:11 Aleksander Ściborek <

Re: [Lang] Rounding Duration

Posted by Aleksander Ściborek <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you are right

Re: [Lang] Rounding Duration