Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Kyle Manuel <ky...@mbrostech.com> on 2010/10/21 07:38:58 UTC

Bulk page adds, initial population automation

I setup JSPWiki to keep track of our customer procedures. Right now, we have some 900 reports. Different customers receive different reports at different times. Each report has a type (category). Some are custom and specific to a single customer. Some of this information is stored in a database, but the custom reports, frequency, recipients, and delivery method (fax, email, print) aren't. Some of it is in a shared spreadsheet, some as outlook reminders, some paper notes, etc. That's the reason for the wiki. There's no unification. A number of personnel changes recently left us scrambling to find it all.

I'd like to do a bulk add of the report and customer pages I can get from the database and spreadsheet. I write in Java and JSP for our intranet site and can create any format I need. How might I do this?

Is there a way to have a page for each report type (category) without having to manually edit the pages; it would update with each report page that links back to the parent type page? Sorting on this page (report #, title)?

I need to somehow automate the bulk import and initial population with all the linking.

Thanks,

Kyle Manuel, Net+
President/CEO
MBros Tech
kyle@mbrostech.com
PH: 225.366.8628

Re: Bulk page adds, initial population automation

Posted by Lo...@log-net.com.
Are you using the filesystem to store your pages?  We use files for our HR
info and sometimes I write out pages directly in the wiki format.  I guess
you could also insert them into a DB from the back-end.

Is this what you are asking about?