Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ron van Pol <ro...@inception.nl> on 2003/01/06 16:09:01 UTC

HOWTO debug JSPs with JPDA?

When I'm running Tomcat 4 with JPDA_TRANSPORT and JPDA_ADDRESS set, I can
succesfully attach JBuilder to the tomcat process using jpda. I can debug
all servlet and utility classes but I have problems debugging JSPs. The
problem is that all generated java files seem to be part of the package
org.apache.jsp. But the location of the generated java and class files
follow the path of the original JSP
(<catalina_home>/work/Standalone/localhost/<webapp>/<relative-path-to-jsp>),
so JBuilder can find the generated java and classfiles.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to make debugging JSPs work using JPDA?

Thanks,
Ron