Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Giguere <er...@videotron.ca> on 2004/05/03 18:35:35 UTC

maven night-build integration

Hi all

Just wondering... Is there such a thing as a night-built plugin for
maven or any other code base that is ready to be used?
I mean by that some scheduled mechanism that could execute a maven build
but that will also trap all outputs and make a nice HTML report out of this?

thx
Eric.

Re: maven night-build integration

Posted by Jörg Hohwiller <jo...@j-hohwiller.de>.
On Monday 03 May 2004 18:35, Eric Giguere wrote:
> Hi all
Hiho,

could not see a response to your mail on the list, so I'll give it a try...

> Just wondering... Is there such a thing as a night-built plugin for
> maven or any other code base that is ready to be used?
I am just a user of maven, but I suppose that this is not a
real toppic for a maven plugin. Simply start maven via cron:
#man crontab
#export EDITOR=vi
#crontab -e
> I mean by that some scheduled mechanism that could execute a maven build
> but that will also trap all outputs and make a nice HTML report out of
> this?
I your crontab do something like
59 23 * * *
PROJECTDIR/target/mavenreport.html

mhm, I have to admin this is a brute hack. Maybe you want to have the
output as anakia template, but would not that require running maven twice?

> thx
> Eric.

I dont know if this helped you

Regards