Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Oatham <Ma...@AssetHouse.com> on 2002/06/19 13:48:42 UTC

Cookies

Hi,

I hope this is appropriate for this list!

I've just started to use cookies, I can set a persistent cookie on the
client i.e. to see if they have visited the site before. This cookie exists
on the client when the browser is close, the machine is turned off etc... I
want to give the user an option to "log off" which ideally will remove the
persistent cookie from the client i.e. delete the cookie file on the client.
Can this be done? Or do I have to settle with unsetting the values inside
the cookie?

Thanks.

Re: Cookies