Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Todd Kofford <tk...@ku.edu> on 2012/05/30 23:26:49 UTC

Portlet Plugin Problem w/Dynamic Actions Using the URL Tag

I have just upgraded to struts 2.3.4 for an existing application, and found a
potential issue. This issue seems to only happen when the application is run as
a portlet and does not occur when I run it as a standalone web application.

I am using a URL tag in my JSP, and the action attribute is an expression.  For
example:
    <s:url action="%{actionState + formType}" var="displayURL">
where "actionState" & "formType" are variables on the stack.

An example would be where actionState=create & formType=ChangeOfAddressForm,
where my desired action would be "createChangeOfAddressForm". This is a valid
action in my struts.xml file.

However, the action attribute is never de-referenced from the stack variables
when the application is run as a portlet, and instead of
"createChangeOfAddressForm" I get "%{actionState + formType}" as the action,
which is not valid.

This used to work in older versions, specifically struts 2.2.3.1, which was the
current version that my application is using. We have been upgrading to newer
versions of struts, for all of our applications, due to security exploits.

I can provide a very simple sample application to demonstrate this issue. In
fact, I've looked at the source code for the portlet plugin version 2.3.4, and
have been testing a fix for this issue today.

I am just unsure on how to proceed, since I'm not a contributor to the project.

Thanks in advance,
Todd Kofford
tkofford@ku.edu

Re: Portlet Plugin Problem w/Dynamic Actions Using the URL Tag

Posted by um...@gmail.com.
Best way to file a JIRA ticket with the details about the problem and you can attach the solution patch to same ticket.

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel