Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2002/03/13 14:18:14 UTC

Generating html with different language (preferably with anakia).

Hi,

I have webapges that I want to have dutch and english language. Currently
the english language is generated via ant, through the anakia task and
hardcoded in the xml templates. Since all the html pages are the same, only
the language is different I would like to parse the language (that are in
seperate files eg dutch.lang and english.lang) dynamically into the webpages
and generate the correct static html pages. (so I am not looking for eg a
servlet solution).

I was thinking about the project.xml file, but that doesn't allow me to use
my already existing language files and language parser.

Is there a way to plugin in my language parser in anakia or use the
project.xml in a usefull way for this ?

Mvgr,
Martin van den Bemt

Re: Generating html with different language (preferably with anakia).

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 3/13/02 8:18 AM, "Martin van den Bemt" <mv...@mvdb.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have webapges that I want to have dutch and english language. Currently
> the english language is generated via ant, through the anakia task and
> hardcoded in the xml templates. Since all the html pages are the same, only
> the language is different I would like to parse the language (that are in
> seperate files eg dutch.lang and english.lang) dynamically into the webpages
> and generate the correct static html pages. (so I am not looking for eg a
> servlet solution).
>
> I was thinking about the project.xml file, but that doesn't allow me to use
> my already existing language files and language parser.
>
> Is there a way to plugin in my language parser in anakia or use the
> project.xml in a usefull way for this ?

Take a look at DVSL, specifically the toolbox notion - so you can take your
language files, make a little tool that gives you access to the data, and
use that tool in your template...

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/dvsl/index.html

System and Software Consulting
"Now what do we do?"