Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/26 22:25:24 UTC

[Documentation] Example users

Hi,

Do we have a convention for naming users in our documentation?  Over
at Safehaus we had a push at one point to stop using our personal
names and start using physicists (nbohr, aeinstein, etc.)  I have a
mix of both styles in docs I am moving to the Advanced Users Guide so
I was wondering if there was a convention I should follow.  I've seen
a mix so far, or only the use of "Kate Bush."

Enrique

Re: [Documentation] Example users

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
I don't think we have a convention for that but it might be nice to have.

--
Ersin

--
Ersin

Re: [Documentation] Example users

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
On 1/28/07, Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> wrote:
> Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> > Do we have a convention for naming users in our documentation?  Over
> > at Safehaus we had a push at one point to stop using our personal
> > names and start using physicists (nbohr, aeinstein, etc.)  I have a
> > mix of both styles in docs I am moving to the Advanced Users Guide so
> > I was wondering if there was a convention I should follow.  I've seen
> > a mix so far, or only the use of "Kate Bush."
> >
> > Enrique
>
> Christine and I usually used the data here within our Basic User's Guide
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/About+the+sample+configurations+and+sample+directory+data

Let's use the new site:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/about-the-sample-configurations-and-sample-directory-data.html

;-)

--
Ersin

Re: [Documentation] Example users

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 1/28/07, Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> wrote:
> Christine and I usually used the data here within our Basic User's Guide
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/About+the+sample+configurations+and+sample+directory+data

Thanks for the pointer.  I like the "seven seas" motif:  it's
original, not dorky, and it won't offend anyone.  If we're going to
use ports for servers then if I have a KDC separate from the LDAP
server I'll use 'cartagena' instead of 'zanzibar'.

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.