Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Andrea Grittini <an...@Cdesign.it> on 2002/04/08 14:37:53 UTC

string formatting

Hello all,
I'm retriving a ntext field from a MS-SQL server DB.
In this field can be any character in unicode format with lenght up to 2048 char.
When I put on a web page using the <c:out value=myrec.row[0].column /> I lost any \r\n char that I have in the source record.
I use the contentType="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1".
I want to replace that chars with a <br> of html, but I think that the jstl sql query lost at the beginning that special character.
Could you tell me which is the behaviour?

Thank you.

Andrea Grittini ( < mailto:Andrea.Grittini@cdesign.it>)
Tel: +39-2-97482.1- Fax: +39-2-97482?
Computer Design S.r.l., Via Piave 46 - 20010 S.Stefano Ticino - ITALY
< http://www.cdesign.it/>