Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina" <mi...@mail.rktmb.org> on 2004/11/19 22:27:04 UTC

Are theses error/warning messages OK ?

Hello,
I just ran SA 2.64 on my Debian Testing (all installed via apt-get) on a
x86.

I got these error messages i dont know to interpret.
Would you help me to correctly set my system up ?

The way I run SA: Debian init script
OPTIONS="-m 10 -a -H"
(-d is automatically added by the startup script)

Is there something I have to install more ?
--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/

Re: Are theses error/warning messages OK ?

Posted by "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina" <mi...@mail.rktmb.org>.
On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 22:27, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> Hello,
Hello

> I got these error messages i dont know to interpret.
> Would you help me to correctly set my system up ?
[...]
> Is there something I have to install more ?

The error messages was attached.
really no idea about the way to avoid them ?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
 From the looks of it, you don't need to install more, you've already got
too much.

First, you've got 2 copies of the rules. One where it belongs
(/usr/share/spamassassin) and one where it does not belong
(/etc/mail/spamassassin)

Second, one of the sets of rules is from SA 2.20 or older (The rule
DIFFERENT_REPLY_TO using eval check_for_spam_reply_to() has not existed in
any SA version since 2.20, and it's in your debug output).

First, make sure that DIFFERENT_REPLY_TO doesn't exist in
/usr/share/spamassassin/*
         grep DIFFERENT_REPLY_TO /usr/share/spamassassin/*

If you get any matches, you'll probably want to completely blow away your
SA install, check for any other extra installs (ie: one in /usr and one in
/usr/local) and reinstall from scratch.

If you /usr/share/spamassassin looks ok, I'd suggest rm -f
/etc/mail/spamassasin/*.cf and then make a new
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf from scratch.