Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "jeff.fong" <je...@dmahk.com> on 2005/01/10 08:46:15 UTC

jk2 connector question

Hi,

I have configured the jk connector and it works with apache 2.0.52 and tomcat 5.0.28.

Apache  host is: 192.168.1.1

The tomcat project can be accessd thro'
http://192.168.1.100:8080/myProject

After using the jk connector, the tomcat project can also be reached by
http://192.168.1.1/myProject

I want to ask how can I configure the apache/connector so that I can access the project (thro' web server) without typing the context name (of course, the tomcat project still under /myProject)
i.e. i type http://192.168.1.1 , it can "connect" to http://192.168.1.100:8080/myProject

Regards,
Jeff

Regards,
Jeff Fong

DMA Solutions Limited
-----------------------------
Room 803-4, 8/F,
Tai Tung Building,
8 Flemming Road,
Wan Chai, HK

Tel : (852) 2169 8497
Fax: (852) 2838 7313

Re: jk2 connector question

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
jeff.fong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configured the jk connector and it works with apache 2.0.52 and tomcat 5.0.28.
>
> Apache  host is: 192.168.1.1
>
> The tomcat project can be accessd thro'
> http://192.168.1.100:8080/myProject
>
> After using the jk connector, the tomcat project can also be reached by
> http://192.168.1.1/myProject
>
> I want to ask how can I configure the apache/connector so that I can access the project (thro' web server) without typing the context name (of course, the tomcat project still under /myProject)
> i.e. i type http://192.168.1.1 , it can "connect" to http://192.168.1.100:8080/myProject

You can not do that. Deploy 'myProject' to ROOT and use virtual host
for accessing the context.

This question was addressed twice during last couple of weeks so
you may search the archive for details.

Mladen.