Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/08 12:24:22 UTC

[Axis2] Using HTTP Accept header to select the Message Type of the responses

Hi all,
As proposed in [1] I would like to propose the following sequence for
the selection of outgoing message format,

1. Use HTTP content negotiation if a HTTP accept header is present...
2. Use the request format as the response format if HTTP Accept is missing..
3. Above 2 can be overridden by setting the message type in the
services.xml..
4. All the above can be overridden programmatically in the service impl..

Initially we can  limit our support to the Accept header. If the
Accept header contains multiple content-types we can choose the first
matching type for the message format..  If this proves to be useful we
can shift to a full fledged HTTP content negotiation support..

Thanks,
Thilina

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@ws.apache.org/msg28009.html

--