Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David Shere <ds...@steelerubber.com> on 2007/04/23 21:01:23 UTC

getting the cursor in the first box on the page

In certain situations, a page does not load with the cursor in the first
box on the page, and in some it does.  Is there a universal setting for
this, or anything that addresses it?
--
David Shere
Information Technology Services

Re: getting the cursor in the first box on the page

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Some pages support it, others don't. There is no universal setting.

You'll see the java script in some of the ftl files. The form widget has an
attribute to set to put the focus on a control.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Submit a Jira issue for a new feature.

Actually, there has been discussion about having the form widget place the focus
on the first control it encounters as a default, which can be overridden with
existing element attribute.

Having a global setting apply to all data entry screens would require a lot of
work in re-writing ftl files.

Posted by David Shere <ds...@steelerubber.com>.