Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tim leung <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/07 21:26:04 UTC

win32 apache support Log to pipe??

Hi,
sorry for this question may not be very related to
this list.  but I can't find an apache user list to
send to.

Q: does win32 apache 1.3.17 support Logging to pipe?
Log to pipe work on unix though.

on unix: // works :)
  CustomLog "|java -classpath /opt pipe" common

on windows 2000: // didn't work :(
  CustomLog "|java -classpath d:\ pipe" common

thanks.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: win32 apache support Log to pipe??

Posted by tim leung <ch...@yahoo.com>.
please help.
thanks.

Posted by tim leung <ch...@yahoo.com>.
please help.
thanks again.

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 04:33 PM 5/8/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Personally I find it very annoying that you post the same message over
>and over again, throwing in a "please help".  It certainly does *not*
>make me want to help.

It's even more of a problem for me when I
think, rightly or wrongly, I dunno, that
this person is probably being paid a salary
or a consultant's fee of perhaps $200 a day
or more to complete a task for his/her company
and must resort to a mail list to complete that
task. I think things like "I'm glad I'm not
involved" and sorry for that company and stuff
like that.

Re: win32 apache support Log to pipe??

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Tue, 8 May 2001, tim leung wrote:

> please help.
> thanks again.

Personally I find it very annoying that you post the same message over
and over again, throwing in a "please help".  It certainly does *not*
make me want to help.  Maybe there isn't anyone on this list that can
help.  Further, you're asking a win32 apache question, when this is
the *tomcat-user* list -- the question isn't even appropriate for the
list.  As for finding apache lists, try:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

> --- tim leung <ch...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > sorry for this question may not be very related to
> > this list.  but I can't find an apache user list to
> > send to.
> >
> > Q: does win32 apache 1.3.17 support Logging to pipe?
> >
> > Log to pipe work on unix though.
> >
> > on unix: // works :)
> >   CustomLog "|java -classpath /opt pipe" common
> >
> > on windows 2000: // didn't work :(
> >   CustomLog "|java -classpath d:\ pipe" common
> >
> > thanks.

> http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu

Re: win32 apache support Log to pipe??

Posted by tim leung <ch...@yahoo.com>.
please help.