Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lev Zak <le...@schema.com> on 2002/03/14 08:48:09 UTC

Problem with run Tomcat 4.0.3 as a service on windows 2000

Hello,
My %JAVA_HOME% is D:\jdk1.3.1_01.
I unzip jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3.zip into d:\tomcat of my Windows2000 machine.
I unzip jk_nt_service.zip into D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\bin.
I copied wrapper.properties from tomcat 3.3a to
D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\conf\jk.
I update the wrapper.properties with the following strings:

wrapper.tomcat_home=D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3
wrapper.java_home=D:\jdk1.3.1_01
wrapper.tomcat_policy=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\conf\catalina.policy

I successfully run the following command:
D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\bin\jk_nt_service.exe -I jakarta -A
D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\conf\jk\wrapper.properties

But when I run after this the following command:
D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\bin\jk_nt_service.exe -S jakarta

I receive the following message:
	Asked (and given) winsock 1.1
	Starting jakarta.
	jakarta failed to start.

If I try to start the "jakarta" service from Control Panel, I receive the
following message:
	Could not start the jakarta service on Local Computer.
	Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

But I can successfully start catalina through
D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\bin\startup.bat , it means the problem is not
a default port.
What I did wrong?
Sorry about a long letter.
Regards.
Lev.

If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately and
delete this communication.