Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <jz...@yukatan.fi> on 2005/05/20 10:27:50 UTC

[VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Hello everyone, it is time again to consider adding a new
contributor to commit status for Jackrabbit.

I hereby nominate Edgar Poce (edgarpoce@gmail.com) on the basis of his
sustained interest, quality of work, and desire to contribute to the
project on a long-term basis. Please vote with your +1 for yes, +0 for
abstain, or -1 (not at this time). Naturally, only the votes coming from
the incubator PMC and Jackrabbit committers currently listed on our
project status page will be counted as binding.

Edgar, this nomination is conditional on your desire to be
part of the Jackrabbit project. Feel free to decline the nomination
if you do not desire commit access at this time.

Edgar has already signed and submitted a Contributor License Agreement.

Best regards,

Jukka Zitting
committer, Apache Jackrabbit

RE: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> This vote already has a number of +1s from the Jackrabbit PPMC
> and no objections

+1 from me, then.  And good luck.

	--- Noel

RE: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> This vote already has a number of +1s from the Jackrabbit PPMC
> and no objections

+1 from me, then.  And good luck.

	--- Noel

Re: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>.
Hi,

Ping!

As far as I've understood, an Incubator committer vote needs at least
three +1 votes from the Incubator PMC to pass. This vote already has a
number of +1s from the Jackrabbit PPMC and no objections, but only Roy
and Stefano from the Incubator PMC have yet voted with their +1s.

Do I have sufficient results to close this vote, or are the three PMC
votes required? If the latter is true, then could some of you please
cast a vote. :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Peeter Piegaze <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@yukatan.fi>.
> I hereby nominate Edgar Poce (edgarpoce@gmail.com) on the basis of his
> sustained interest, quality of work, and desire to contribute to the
> project on a long-term basis. Please vote with your +1 for yes, +0 for
> abstain, or -1 (not at this time).

+1

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Re: [RESULT] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>.
Hi,

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hey, I did vote!

I'm sorry, my mistake in counting the votes.

PS. I sent a message to root@ asking for Edgar's account to be created.
Is there something else I need to do to get Edgar subscribed to
jackrabbit-private@ and included in the Jira project?

PPS. For the record, I documented some of the steps in this process. The
docs are available in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-4.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With no objections and a number of +1s, the Jackrabbit PPMC and
> Incubator PMC hereby approve the addition of Edgar Poce as
> a committer on the Jackrabbit project.
>
> Jackrabbit PPMC:
>   +1  Roy Fielding
>       Stefan Guggisberg
>   +1  Stefano Mazzocchi
>   +1  David Nuescheler
>       Dominique Pfister
>   +1  Peeter Piegaze
>       Gianugo Rabellino
>       Tim Reilly
>   +1  Marcel Reutegger
>       Paul Russell
>       Andrew Savory
>   +1  Tobias Strasser
>       Sylvain Wallez

Hey, I did vote!

Anyway, welcome Edgar!

>   +1  Jukka Zitting
>
> Incubator PMC:
>   +1  Stefano Mazzocchi
>   +1  Roy Fielding
>   +1  Noel Bergman

Sylvain

Re: [RESULT] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Edgar Poce <ed...@gmail.com>.
I'm very happy of being elected as a committer

thanks
edgar

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
+1

....Roy

Re: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Tobias Strasser <to...@gmail.com>.

--
------------------------------------------< tobias.strasser@day.com >---
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel

Re: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> I hereby nominate Edgar Poce (edgarpoce@gmail.com) on the basis of his
> sustained interest, quality of work, and desire to contribute to the
> project on a long-term basis.

+1

regards
  marcel

[RESULT] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@yukatan.fi>.
> I hereby nominate Edgar Poce (edgarpoce@gmail.com) on the basis of his
> sustained interest, quality of work, and desire to contribute to the
> project on a long-term basis. Please vote with your +1 for yes, +0 for
> abstain, or -1 (not at this time).

+1

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
+1

....Roy

Re: better docs for new committer procedure

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Mon, 23 May 2005, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Jackrabbit is following the procedures of the original Apache Group
> in adding new committers.  We nominate them first on the
> jackrabbit-private mailing list (which includes all of the existing
> Jackrabbit committers and any members who want to help incubation)
> and, if there are no objections, perform a formal vote in public.
>
> I found that process to be more encouraging of new community members
> than the current httpd habit of doing the vote in private and
> simply giving the person commit access without so much as a notice
> on the public list saying that they had earned it.
>
> Because incubator is the project, we need 3 +1s from the incubator
> PMC in order to validate our vote and add a new account.

Thanks for sharing this.

Dw.

Re: better docs for new committer procedure

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
Roy T.Fielding wrote:
> Jackrabbit is following the procedures of the original Apache Group
> in adding new committers.  We nominate them first on the
> jackrabbit-private mailing list (which includes all of the existing
> Jackrabbit committers and any members who want to help incubation)
> and, if there are no objections, perform a formal vote in public.
>
> I found that process to be more encouraging of new community members
> than the current httpd habit of doing the vote in private and
> simply giving the person commit access without so much as a notice
> on the public list saying that they had earned it.

Good point.  I like your approach.

Sander

Re: better docs for new committer procedure

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> >David Crossley wrote:
> >>There is no need to Cc this to general@incubator.
> >>This stuff is a concern of the project.
> >
> >OK, I'm sorry for that, just learning the correct procedures...
>
> No need to be sorry -- David is confused.  Incubator is the project
> right now and is responsible for the addition of new committers.
> You did the right thing.

Wow, this is an interesting event. I had better go search the
rest of the archives, but i don't recall many committer votes
coming to this list. A quick scan shows three "vote" threads
that refer to committers in the last five months. Does that
mean that not many committers get added during incubation.
Perhaps its that most incubating projects don't Cc to general.

> >Based on previous committer votes I was under the impression that the
> >Incubator PMC should participate in the vote. Am I wrong ([1] doesn't
> >mention this) or should I have Cc:d pmc@ instead?
>
> No, we never cc a private list.  general is where the incubator PMC
> discusses and makes decisions.

Sorry for spreading confusion Jukka, but better docs
should arise from this.

We need to enhance
[1] http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html
and link to other docs at /foundation/ and /dev/

--David

Re: [VOTE] add Edgar Poce to Jackrabbit committers

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>.
Hi,

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hello everyone, it is time again to consider adding a new
> contributor to commit status for Jackrabbit.
>
> I hereby nominate Edgar Poce (edgarpoce@gmail.com) on the basis of his
> sustained interest, quality of work, and desire to contribute to the
> project on a long-term basis. Please vote with your +1 for yes, +0 for
> abstain, or -1 (not at this time).

+1.

Sylvain