Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2010/06/11 17:58:38 UTC

[VOTE] #2 Apache Lucene Java 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 artifacts to be released

Hi all,

It is not yet quite clear if we should release take2 or take1 of the
artifacts. Both are on my people account, please vote:

[1] Release
http://people.apache.org/~uschindler/staging-area/lucene-2.9.3-3.0.2-take2-r
ev953716/ including LUCENE-2494 as Lucene 3.0.2 and 2.9.2. You only need to
recheck the 3.0.2 artifacts (if you submitted a vote to the first call), as
I only rebuilt the 3.0.2 ones. Lucene 2.9.3 has no Java 5 and keeps
unchanged.
[2] Release the previous artifacts from
http://people.apache.org/~uschindler/staging-area/lucene-2.9.3-3.0.2-take1-r
ev951790/
[3] Don't release any of them because found an error :-)

The targeted Release Date is still next Friday, June 18th, 2010! Only votes
from Lucene PMC are binding, but everyone is welcome to check the release
candidate and voice their approval or disapproval to one of the artifact
versions. The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes for either
option are cast. Vote is open until Wed, June 15th, 2010.

Thanks,
Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

RE: [VOTE] #2 Apache Lucene Java 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 artifacts to be released

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
The vote succeeded, I will publish http://s.apache.org/MhG as release
artifacts.

Votes came from:
- Uwe Schindler [1]
- Andi Vajda [1] or [2]
- Mike McCandless [1]
- Mark Miller [1]

As soon as p.a.o is online again, I will start to move the artifacts and
check the signatures again.

Uwe

-----

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 6/11/10 11:58 AM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It is not yet quite clear if we should release take2 or take1 of the
> artifacts. Both are on my people account, please vote:
>
> [1] Release
> http://people.apache.org/~uschindler/staging-area/lucene-2.9.3-3.0.2-take2-r
> ev953716/ including LUCENE-2494 as Lucene 3.0.2 and 2.9.2. You only need to
> recheck the 3.0.2 artifacts (if you submitted a vote to the first call), as
> I only rebuilt the 3.0.2 ones. Lucene 2.9.3 has no Java 5 and keeps
> unchanged.

+1 to the take 2 artifacts. I've tested 2.9.3 with Solr 1.4.1 and did a
spot check of the 3.0.2 artifacts. All looks good here.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [VOTE] #2 Apache Lucene Java 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 artifacts to be released

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It is not yet quite clear if we should release take2 or take1 of the
> artifacts. Both are on my people account, please vote:
>
> [1] Release
> http://people.apache.org/~uschindler/staging-area/lucene-2.9.3-3.0.2-take2-r
> ev953716/ including LUCENE-2494 as Lucene 3.0.2 and 2.9.2. You only need to
> recheck the 3.0.2 artifacts (if you submitted a vote to the first call), as
> I only rebuilt the 3.0.2 ones. Lucene 2.9.3 has no Java 5 and keeps
> unchanged.

+1 for [1].  All Lucene in Action 2nd edition tests pass with these 3.0.2 JARs.

Mike

RE: [VOTE] #2 Apache Lucene Java 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 artifacts to be released

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010, Uwe Schindler wrote:

> As the URLs were again wrapped, here are the links using the new apache.org
> link-shortener:
>
> Please vote:
> [1] Release http://s.apache.org/MhG including LUCENE-2494 as Lucene 3.0.2
> and 2.9.2. You only need to recheck the 3.0.2 artifacts (if you submitted a
> vote to the first call), as I only rebuilt the 3.0.2 ones. Lucene 2.9.3 has
> no Java 5 and keeps unchanged.
> [2] Release the previous artifacts from http://s.apache.org/Mke
> [3] Don't release any of them because found an error :-)
>
> I tested the artifacts locally and in production with pangaea.de, they work
> both, so:
>   * my PMC vote is for [1] *
>
> I will check the hashes and signatures again before releasing directly on
> the apache server again; I did not do this yet, as I created them :-)

PyLucene 3.0.2 also passes its tests with these new release Lucene
3.0.2 release artifacts.

+1 to both 3.0.2 variants and 2.9.3

Andi..

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.