Posted to recruitment@openoffice.apache.org by Hao Wang <ha...@live.com> on 2021/01/12 13:27:28 UTC

Self-introduction for Open Office Project

Dear Open Office Contributors,

I am a senior machine learning and data science expert with 10 years of work experiences in internet and software companies. I graduated from University of Utah with a Master's Degree in Computing. I mastered C++ and Java at school and received a gold medal at ACM/ICPC International Collegiate Programming Contest Rocky Mountain Regional 2006. My work-place language is mainly python, the same as most data scientists. I've got 11 papers published at international conferences and journals, 2 of which won best paper awards.

I understand Open Office is written in C++ and my current work place language is Python. I am a smart and capable programmer that can easily switch among different programming languages. I believe I'll be a great contributor to the Open Office project.

Best Regards,
Hao Wang

Re: Self-introduction for Open Office Project

Posted by Hao Wang <ha...@live.com>.
Hi Peter Kovacs,

I would be more than happy to take on the SCONs part of OpenOffice.org.

I am trying to compile and build OpenOffice on a Ubuntu machine on a cloud platform. Will have some results very soon and will let you know if I have problems.

Best Regards,
Hao Wang

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi Hao Wang,