Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Jayasurya Udayarajan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/29 12:53:44 UTC

Apache Flex SDK Installer not showing AIR 22.0

Hi,

Today I was trying to update to latest AIR version but Apache Flex SDK
Installer app is not listing AIR version 22.0.

Overlaying air sdk for Flex users over  Apache Flex will work?
I was using  Adobe Flex SDK like that before. Want to confirm that method
will work with Apache Flex sdk.

Regards,

Jayasurya

Re: Apache Flex SDK Installer not showing AIR 22.0

Posted by Vincent <vi...@after24.net>.
Hello,

Overlaying flex sdk 4.15.0 with AIR 22 works fine.

you just have to follow these steps :

The instructions below reference specific versions of the Flex and AIR
SDKs: Flex SDK 4.6.0 and AIR SDK 3.4. The instructions, however, are
general. You can follow these instructions to overlay any version of the
AIR SDK on any version of the Flex SDK.
If the Flex SDK is newer than the AIR SDK, it can rely on AIR
functionality that isn't present, resulting in compile-time or runtime
errors.
1. Exit Flash Builder.
(Optional) Back up the Flex SDK by copying the entire directory.
In Flash Builder, for example, copy the directory at:
Windows: C:/Program Files/Adobe/Flash Builder 4.7/sdks
/4.6.0
Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/sdks/4.6.0
2.
Download the appropriate AIR SDK file for your operating system
from www.adobe.com/products/air/sdk/, and save it to the root
directory of the Flex SDK.
Windows: AIR34_win_sdk_XXXXXX.zip
Mac OS: AIR34_mac_sdk_XXXXXX.tbz2
3.
Extract the contents of the AIR SDK archive and overwrite the
existing SDK files.
Windows: Right-click the ZIP file and select Extract All, or use

a decompression tool of your choice.
Mac OS: In Terminal, cd to the root directory of the Flex SDK
and run this command:
tar jxvf AIR34_mac_sdk_XXXXXX.tbz2
If you have trouble overwriting files due to file permissions,
try this command:
sudo tar jxvf
AIR34_mac_sdk_XXXXXX.tbz2

(Optional) To access the new AIR 3.4 APIs, update your application
descriptor file to the 3.4 namespace.
To update the namespace, change the xmlns attribute in your
application descriptor to: <application
xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application
/3.4">

Le 29/06/2016  14:53, Jayasurya Udayarajan a crit :