Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by Deepak Bhole <db...@redhat.com> on 2006/01/12 17:52:00 UTC

Adding jars to maven repo

Hi,

Once jUDDI dependency is removed, scout will need the auto-generated
datatypes which are in a jar file that I have.

In order to support compilation of scout by other users, this jar needs
to be uploaded to the remote repositories specified in the scout
project.xml. I was wondering if someone could point me as to how I can
upload the jar from my machine on to there?

Thanks,
Deepak

Re: Adding jars to maven repo

Posted by Deepak Bhole <db...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 11:59 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Deepak,
>
> I can set up a cron job that publishes SNAPSHOT's to one of the maven
> repo's. could u please send me instructions on how/what to run? and
> which jar(s) need to be published?
>
> thanks,
> dims

Hi guys,

After reading the above email on the scout-dev list, Fernando (Nasser)
suggested that we try and auto-build the datatypes jar file each time
(it needs xmlbeans to build, which is on the remote repo). The
compilation takes about 3-5 seconds, and I think it would be worth it to
have it built during compile time (for scout) as well. So once I get
done with a couple of things I am doing right now (few hours), I am
going to work to integrate the datatype jar build into scout build
itself.

Just wanted to let you know why I haven't forwarded any info on the jar
yet :) I am working on getting it build at compile time.

Cheers,
Deepak

Re: Adding jars to maven repo

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
are we getting ahead of ourselves?  one doesn't publish "revolutionary
branches"

geir

Re: Adding jars to maven repo

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.