Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Timbalobo <nt...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/07 17:46:03 UTC

Expression language in extends attribute

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it could be possible in a future release of Tiles to
be able to use
expression language (E.L) in the "extends" attribute of a definition ?

Here is an example:

<definition name="page1" extends="${my.expression.language}" >
      <put-attribute name="title" value="Tiles application - Page 1" />
    <put-attribute name="body" value="/jsp/body1.jsp" />
  </definition>

Thank you in advance

Re: Expression language in extends attribute

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/7 Timbalobo <nt...@gmail.com>:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to know if it could be possible in a future release of Tiles to
> be able to use
> expression language (E.L) in the "extends" attribute of a definition ?
>
> Here is an example:
>

> <definition name="page1" extends="${my.expression.language}" >
>      <put-attribute name="title" value="Tiles application - Page 1" />
>    <put-attribute name="body" value="/jsp/body1.jsp" />
>  </definition>

It could be interesting, so please open a JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES
and remember that if you contribute, the work gets done faster :-D

Anyway why do you need it? Can you show us a real use-case?

Antonio