Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/20 06:35:23 UTC

[FlexJS] Showcase for FlexJS on flex.apache.org website

Hi,

What do you think guys about creating a FlexJS showcase on flex.apache.org
with fully working example from our repository?

I am open for suggestion how could it looks like. :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Showcase for FlexJS on flex.apache.org website

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/19/15, 11:15 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Alex,
>
>FlexJSStore for sure need more attention, but I was rather thinking about
>all of these small examples.
>I will start slowly putting everything together. Later once I fully
>understand how FlexJS is working - will try to fix all broken examples.
>
>I am open for suggestion in this thread. ;)

That made me think of something:  I wouldn’t call it a showcase, I’d save
that for real world apps, but having the examples running live does sound
like a good idea.  I think the CI server could run the examples target if
it isn’t already.  If you set up a page that points to the last good
artifacts of examples we like that run well enough.

Another option, and we certainly can have both, is to start on the
equivalent of FlexExamples.

And one more thought: I’ve been pondering the feasibility of creating a
GitHub-like dashboard for Apache Flex (and potentially other Apache
projects) as the proving ground for FlexJS.

Thoughts?  I’ll probably respond next in several hours.  It is time for
sleep for me.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] Showcase for FlexJS on flex.apache.org website

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/19/15, 10:35 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What do you think guys about creating a FlexJS showcase on flex.apache.org
>with fully working example from our repository?

No objection from me, but I feel like the examples are not really fully
working.  For example, there are easy to find bugs in FlexJSStore.  But if
you think it is good enough, go for it.

-Alex