Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/10 23:37:18 UTC

Incubator Eclipse Update Site How To

the incubator needs to document how to build a mirrored eclipse update
site. my eclipse-foo is not up to the task so i wondered if there are
be any volunteers here in uimaland who'd be willing to help out either
by answering some questions or (even better) creating documentation
patches.

any volunteers?

- robert

Re: Incubator Eclipse Update Site How To

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 10, 2008 10:43 PM, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I'll volunteer to do this.

great

> Can you point me to where to stick the info,
> and any other protocol-ish things I should be sure to pay attention to?

incubator documentation is developed collectively on the general list
and all are welcome. if you have the energy and interest to contribute
more widely to the documentation then joining the list is a good idea
but it's not necessary if you just want to take this task on.

the incubator documentation is stored in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/guides/releasemanagement.xml
is the release management document we're working on. there's a space
at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#distributing-eclipse
for the eclipse information. a patch would be great but i'd be happy
with prose. when it's done, open a JIRA for the site component of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR.

you don't need to worry too much about working too hard to create
perfect prose: the incubator general list is a good editor. typically,
the content will go through several cycles of editing and redrafting
on the list before a final form emerges.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Well, this time I'll enter some text before pushing "send" :-)  I guess
my "mailing-foo" or key-pushing-foo suffered a (hopefully) temporary
breakdown...

I'll volunteer to do this.  Can you point me to where to stick the info,
and any other protocol-ish things I should be sure to pay attention to?

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.