Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/31 15:24:11 UTC

Cloudmonkey issue

Hi,

When I run the following cloudmonkey command, I get HTTP 431 error. Syntax
seems correct (
http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/api/apidocs-4.0.0/user/createTemplate.html
)

mycloudmonkey> create template displaytext=myCentos name=myCentos
ostypeid=5c0cb74d-6927-11e2-a8a4-5c260a0287e9 url=
http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/f59f18fb-ae94-4f97-afd2-f84755767aca.vhd.bz2bits=64

HTTP Error 431: 431

Charles Moulliard

Re: Cloudmonkey issue

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:24 AM, Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I run the following cloudmonkey command, I get HTTP 431 error. Syntax
> seems correct (
> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/api/apidocs-4.0.0/user/createTemplate.html
> )
>
> mycloudmonkey> create template displaytext=myCentos name=myCentos
> ostypeid=5c0cb74d-6927-11e2-a8a4-5c260a0287e9 url=
> http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/f59f18fb-ae94-4f97-afd2-f84755767aca.vhd.bz2bits=64
>
> HTTP Error 431: 431

You're using the wrong api, if read the docpage you'll see that
createtemplate is for creating template using existing vm, the url
should be used for special baremetal hypv case.

The error is not verbose enough, in new cloudmonkey you'll have more
info and online documentation.

You want to use this:
http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/api/apidocs-4.0.0/user/registerTemplate.html

HTH.