Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2003/10/17 01:22:48 UTC

Re: PGP keysigning event at Apachecon

Sander Temme wrote:
> All,
>
> According to the planners@, there is no official key signing event in the
> works. I would like to gauge interest in such an event were I to organize
> it.

> http://sion.quickie.net/keysigning.txt

as somebody completely new to the whole idea of pgp and signing keys, but
who may need to sign releases in the future, will there be people there to
hand-hold newbies through the _entire_ process?  or will I need to have it
all figured out before I show up.

--Geoff

Re: PGP keysigning event at Apachecon

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>as somebody completely new to the whole idea of pgp and signing keys, but
>>who may need to sign releases in the future, will there be people there to
>>hand-hold newbies through the _entire_ process?  or will I need to have it
>>all figured out before I show up.
>

> heh, good point.  maybe two bofs, one about *using* keys followed
> by the signing pary?  on tuesday?

Big +1. It would be great to hear a short tutorial directly from the
gurus about this particular topic. If we are to organize it, though, I'd
suggest to post to the Wiki a few "prerequisites" such as software
needed and the like.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: PGP keysigning event at Apachecon

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> as somebody completely new to the whole idea of pgp and signing keys, but
> who may need to sign releases in the future, will there be people there to
> hand-hold newbies through the _entire_ process?  or will I need to have it
> all figured out before I show up.

heh, good point.  maybe two bofs, one about *using* keys followed
by the signing pary?  on tuesday?
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: PGP keysigning event at Apachecon

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Sander Temme wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > According to the planners@, there is no official key signing event in the
> > works. I would like to gauge interest in such an event were I to organize
> > it.
>
> > http://sion.quickie.net/keysigning.txt
>
> as somebody completely new to the whole idea of pgp and signing keys, but
> who may need to sign releases in the future, will there be people there to
> hand-hold newbies through the _entire_ process?  or will I need to have it
> all figured out before I show up.

There are usually people at these events that are anxious to explain and
evangelize. And, if nobody else is, I'll gladly explain things to you,
and whoever else needs instructions.

--
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the sky on laughter-silvered wings