Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com> on 2017/03/07 20:29:15 UTC

maximum column name size and maximum table name size?

Hello Trafodioneers,
I am working on a project involving dynamically creating tables. I am wondering if someone knows the max size for column name and table name (I assume index name is same as table name?).
Thanks in advance for the help,
Eric

RE: maximum column name size and maximum table name size?

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.
Thanks Dave,
Eric

Column, table and schema names are limited to 256 bytes of UTF-8 characters. (Might be some fuzziness around delimited identifiers; you'd have to do a little experimentation.)

So, for example, you could create a Trafodion table with catalog name TRAFODION and schema name SCH... (256 ascii characters), and table name TABLE... (256 ascii characters).

Dave

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,