Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Fl...@dachser.com on 2014/09/30 16:32:05 UTC

[beanutils] Version 1.9.2 uses FastHashMap in class PropertyUtilsBean, but FastHashMap does not exists in collections4

Hi All

We have tried to update our common libs. We have updated to
Beanutils 1.9.2 and collection4 4.0.
These packages are incompatible, or did i get something wrong.

I always receive this error
Stacktrace]
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getMappedPropertyDescriptors
(PropertyUtilsBean.java:723)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getMappedPropertyDescriptors
(PropertyUtilsBean.java:743)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getPropertyDescriptor
(PropertyUtilsBean.java:956)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.isWriteable
(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1466)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtilsBean.copyProperties
(BeanUtilsBean.java:277)
	at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.copyProperties
(BeanUtils.java:135)

Greetings
Florian

Re: [beanutils] Version 1.9.2 uses FastHashMap in class PropertyUtilsBean, but FastHashMap does not exists in collections4

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
There are no compatibility issues between collections 3 and 4.
They reside in different packages, thus you can use them together in your
project.

Any project/developer having a dependency to collections 3 will have to do
at least some minimal effort to upgrade to collections 4.
In most cases it is enough to rename the package from o.a.c.collections to
o.a.c.collections4, but sometimes the signature of methods have changed or
classes have been removed (e.g. when there are alternatives in the JDK, see
the release notes).

Having said that, you *can not* just replace a collections 3 jar with
collections 4, but the migration should be quite simple.

Thomas

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Konrad Zuse <th...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you... It's good to know they fixed things, but doesn't this also
> cause some unneeded compatibility issues with other apache products like
> BeanUtils?
>
> Or will we eventually be reworking other parts like collections which will
> eventually make everything compatible?
>
> > Subject: RE: [beanutils] Version 1.9.2 uses FastHashMap in class
> PropertyUtilsBean, but FastHashMap does not exists in collections4
> > Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:06:06 -0400
> > From: rsprinkle@vhainc.com
> > To: user@commons.apache.org
> >
> > Because they started using generics and backward compatibility is just
> > not possible.    So they went for a clean break and fixed a lot of
> > outstanding issues.

Antwort: Re: [beanutils] Version 1.9.2 uses FastHashMap in class PropertyUtilsBean, but FastHashMap does not exists in collections4

Posted by Fl...@dachser.com.
Thank you all for your answer. I have just tried only to add the
class FastHashMap to my project but now i will try to add the
"old" Collection jar too.

Thanks again.
Florian

Von:	Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
An:	Commons Users List <us...@commons.apache.org>
Datum:	30.09.2014 17:42
Betreff:	Re: [beanutils] Version 1.9.2 uses FastHashMap in
            class PropertyUtilsBean, but FastHashMap does not
            exists in collections4

Porting BeanUtils to Collections4 would be a welcome patch! :-)

Gary

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Konrad Zuse
<th...@hotmail.com>

<Fl...@dachser.com>

user-help@commons.apache.org

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>

Posted by Konrad Zuse <th...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Ray Sprinkle <rs...@vhainc.com>.

Posted by Konrad Zuse <th...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florian,

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
IIRC BeanUtils has a dependency on Collections 3, where FastHashMap lives.

In the CC4 release notes it states:

Removed features now supported by the JDK or other Apache Commons libraries

   - FastHashMap: use java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap, but beware of
   null keys and values

So I'd say they're not compatible, by design.

Dave

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM, <Fl...@dachser.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> We have tried to update our common libs. We have updated to
> Beanutils 1.9.2 and collection4 4.0.
> These packages are incompatible, or did i get something wrong.
>
> I always receive this error
> Stacktrace]
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap
>         at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getMappedPropertyDescriptors
> (PropertyUtilsBean.java:723)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getMappedPropertyDescriptors
> (PropertyUtilsBean.java:743)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getPropertyDescriptor
> (PropertyUtilsBean.java:956)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.isWriteable
> (PropertyUtilsBean.java:1466)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtilsBean.copyProperties
> (BeanUtilsBean.java:277)
>         at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.copyProperties
> (BeanUtils.java:135)
>
> Greetings
> Florian

e: davelnewton@gmail.com