Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "r.Betjes" <rb...@ecomsulting.nl> on 2001/03/22 10:01:53 UTC

Newbie asking about: XSL transformation after servlet production

The docs are not clear about this I think.

I have a servlet called Logon creating some XML code. The code is dynamic in
a way that it changes the output whether a user types the correct UID/PW
combination.
I would like for the XSLT processor to pick up my XSL file and run that over
my generated XML. It don't work.
The docs say that servlets are not allowed to change each others output.
They also say that servlet nesting is possible. They also say that a
producer produces XML, a processor can process that and a formatter can
format the output of the processor.
Are these three not servlets changing each others output?

I am confused.

Some light please?

(using: apache 1.3, tomcat 3.2, cocoon 1.8.2 on linux with jdk1.3)

O BTW, is there some doc about how to configure the web.xml file?

TIA,

Robin Betjes
rbetjes@ecomsulting.nl