Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Vinutha Nagaraju <Vi...@Sun.COM> on 2009/11/20 07:45:08 UTC

Xerces 2.6.0 Build on windows

Hi,

I have a query on building Xerces 2.6.0 on Windows.
I have followed the instructions provided in Readme.html. I have opened
the Project

Projects\Win32\VC6\xerces-all\XercesLib\XercesLib.dsw

in  MSVC6.0. Then built Xerceslib. Though I haven't seen any build
errors, I am not sure if the final bits created is what is expected.

I see the following files created in Build/Win32/VC6/Debug/
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nobody   nobody   2977668 Nov 17 13:24 xerces-c_2D.lib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nobody   nobody   1820661 Nov 17 13:24 xerces-c_2D.exp
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nobody   nobody   4719616 Nov 17 13:24 xerces-c_2_6D.pdb
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nobody   nobody   21348168 Nov 17 13:24 xerces-c_2_6D.ilk
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nobody   nobody   3219545 Nov 17 13:24 xerces-c_2_6D.dll

Can someone please confirm  if the above files are windows expected
files ? If not, what is missing and how to built it ?

Thanks,
Vinu

Re: Xerces 2.6.0 Build on windows

Posted by Vinutha Nagaraju <Vi...@Sun.COM>.
I think I could resolve it. I manually ran nmake with CFG pointing to
release.
That seems to go through now.

Thanks a lot for all the comments provided so far.
regards,
Vinu

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Let's start from scratch:
1) download
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-c/Xerces-C_2_6_0/xerces-c-src_2_6_0.zip
2) unzip to a new folder
3) start VC6, open <xerces>/Projects/Win32/VC6/xerces-all/xerces-all.dsw
4) click on the Build menu, select Batch Build then click Rebuild All

Alberto

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Let's start from scratch:

Posted by Vinutha Nagaraju <Vi...@Sun.COM>.