Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by MG <mg...@arscreat.com> on 2018/02/19 19:32:06 UTC

Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback - Groovy MVPs ?

Following the sports analogy, what about

"Groovy MVPs"

?

Any game can have Most Valuable Players (even if only one is typically
crowned in the US), and I think "Groovy announced its 2018 MVPs" has a
nice ring to it.

Cheers,
mg

Posted by mg <mg...@arscreat.com>.
GrooVIP I like, it's in the tradition of GString... :-)
"The Apache Groovy project announced its 2018 GrooVIPs" works for me.
mg

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com> Datum: 20.02.18  11:07  (GMT+01:00) An: users@groovy.apache.org Betreff: Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback - Groovy MVPs ?
Or even GrooVIP :-D
On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree with Guillaume: MVP sounds "Minimal Viable Product" in my head :) Anoter option: VIP ;)

Although there seems to be a lot of disagreement about the name, everyone seems to be in favor of the idea. What is the next step, Paul?

On 20. Feb 2018, at 07:56, Peter McNeil <pe...@mcneils.net> wrote:

    You're all missing the obvious "Groovy GR8" :-)

    On 20/02/18 11:35, Paul King wrote:

      Supreme Thanks Award Recognising contributions? :-)

        On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 7:08 AM, Kostas
          Saidis <sa...@gmail.com>
          wrote:

              My own
                few cents, too:

                Groovy Star, Groovy Champion, Groovy MVP all have their
                pros and cons. I would suggest something along the lines
                of Groovy Exceptional Community Member (Groovy ECM) or
                Groovy Distinguished Community Member (Groovy DCM). New
                acronym, professional enough, focusing on the overall
                community and not only the language per se.

                    Kostas

                    On 19/2/2018 10:26 μμ, MG wrote:

                   I have never heard "MVP" =
                    "Minimum Viable Product", so I doubt this would pose
                    a problem. Also do you suggest that people would
                    actually read "Groovy has announced its Minimum
                    Viable Products of 2018" ?

                    STAR has 129 meanings as an acronym, btw, according
                    to https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/STAR

                    On
                      19.02.2018 20:39, Guillaume Laforge wrote:

                      For me, MVP sounds too much like
                        Minimum Viable Product :
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_viable_product

                        On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at
                          8:32 PM, MG <mg...@arscreat.com>

                                wrote:

                                I disagree with MG.

                                  A star is an object that shines,
                                    and in this case shines light on the
                                    Groovy language and ecosystem. Hence
                                    I think the name is both
                                    professional, and since it can be
                                    directly linked to the star in the
                                    Groovy logo I think it makes perfect
                                    sense. In sports you also have star
                                    players and in music (and Java) you
                                    have rock stars. That you can find
                                    examples that relates to games on
                                    Nintendo does not make a valid point
                                    IMO. The "All Stars" just makes it
                                    so much better - as that's what
                                    Paul, Jochen and others are .

                                  My few cents worth.

                                  /Søren

                                      On Sun, 18 Feb 2018
                                        at 17:02 MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
                                        wrote:

                                          On
                                            18.02.2018 13:38, Eric
                                            Kinsella wrote:

[...]

                                                6:13 AM, Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>
                                                wrote:

                                                Hi
                                                  Paul,

                                                       “Groovy
                                                  Champions” make people
                                                  associate it with
                                                  "Java Champions"

                                                  easily. As for "Groovy
                                                  Stars", it is
                                                  interesting but let me
                                                  associate "Song

                                                  Stars" and "Kungfu
                                                  Stars" easily... I
                                                  wish other people
                                                  would not associate

                                                  as I do...

                                                        Similarly, many
                                                  years ago some one
                                                  suggested to name
                                                  current "Grape"

                                                  as "Groovy Baby", the
                                                  latter is interesting
                                                  but not formal...

                                                        To sum up, +1 to
                                                  “Groovy Champions”.

                                                  Cheers,

                                                  Daniel.Sun

                                        Best regards / Med venlig
                                          hilsen,
                                        Søren Berg Glasius

                                        Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680
                                          Ry, Denmark
                                        Mobile: +45
                                            40 44 91 88, Skype:
                                          sbglasius
                                        --- Press ESC once to quit
                                          - twice to save the changes.

                        --

                                          Guillaume
                                            Laforge

                                            Apache Groovy committer
                                            & PMC Vice-President
                                          Developer
                                            Advocate @ Google Cloud
                                            Platform

                                            Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/

                                                Social: @glaforge /
                                                  Google+

    --
web: http://nerderg.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pmcneil

Posted by Paolo Di Tommaso <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by mg <mg...@arscreat.com>.
Groovy (Red) Giants
-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Rahul Somasunderam <rs...@transcendinsights.com> Datum: 20.02.18  18:43  (GMT+01:00) An: users@groovy.apache.org Betreff: Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback - Groovy MVPs ?

Person with Groove ?

On Feb 20, 2018, at 7:30 AM, Kyle Boon <ky...@gmail.com> wrote:

Groovy Person of Interest?
Groovy Notable Human?
Contributor of Significance?

<re...@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this material/information in error,

Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and

do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or

sex. Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries do not exclude people or treat them differently

because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.

English: ATTENTION: If you do not speak English, language assistance services, free

of charge, are available to you. Call 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711).

Español (Spanish): ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios

gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711).

繁體中文(Chinese):注意:如果您使用繁體中文,您可以免費獲得語言援助

服務。請致電 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711)。

Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole): ATANSION: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd

pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711).

Polski (Polish): UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej

pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711).

한국어 (Korean): 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로

이용하실 수 있습니다. 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711)번으로 전화해 주십시오.

Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback - Groovy MVPs ?

Posted by Rahul Somasunderam <rs...@transcendinsights.com>.
Person with Groove ?

On 19/2/2018 10:26 μμ, MG wrote:
[...]

Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88<tel:+45%2040%2044%2091%2088>, Skype: sbglasius

Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
Social: @glaforge<http://twitter.com/glaforge> / Google+<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114130972232398734985/posts>

--