Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> on 2011/08/01 10:41:00 UTC

Re: Getting started using Eclipse to run James..

Hi Marc,

The black asterisk mean you have changes on your local files compared to
the central SVN repository.

We recently change the project structure, and you need to checkout
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/app/trunk/ to get the needed
spring-*.xml files, and the config files.

The exception you get comes from the fact you don't have the
spring-*.xml files on your classpath.

Thx.

Eric Charles
http://about.echarles.net

Re: Getting started using Eclipse to run James..

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Marc,

Sorry, I meant the james-*.xml (not the spring-*.xml).
Those file contains the spring definitions.

Hope you can find your way with these more accurate information.
Thx.

Eric Charles
http://about.echarles.net

Re: Getting started using Eclipse to run James..

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Marc,

> [...]

>>> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplicationContext.<init>(JamesServerApplicationContext.java:39)
>>>
>>> at org.apache.james.container.spring.Main.init(Main.java:66)
>>> at org.apache.james.container.spring.Main.main(Main.java:42)
>>> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
>>> [context/james-server-context.xml] cannot be opened because it does not
>>> exist
>>> at
>>> org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getInputStream(ClassPathResource.java:158)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:328)

Eric Charles
http://about.echarles.net

Re: Getting started using Eclipse to run James..

Posted by Marc Chamberlin <ma...@marcchamberlin.com>.