Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "scott.chu" <sc...@udngroup.com> on 2016/06/22 09:57:37 UTC

Re: Can we directly move the solr instance running as standalone to SOLRCLOUD?

This is what I guess you can try: If your SolrCloud has only 1 shard, you can first build your Solrcloud collection (with same schema as your standalone core), say its name is 'mycol', and then go to the node folder, normally you'll see some subfolder named 'mycol_shard1_replica#. In this folder, there's the 'data' subfolder. Make a backup of this 'data' folder. Then copy your data folder of your standalone core. Now Restart SolrCloud (Maybe no need) and try query the collection mycol on Admin UI.

scott.chu,scott.chu@udngroup.com
2016/6/22 (週三)
Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Scott's got it right. There's nothing special about a Lucene index at
that level,
Lucene doesn't have any clue it's operating in SolrCloud. So a single-shard
index is exactly the same at the _Lucene_ level in stand-alone and in
SolrCloud. You can freely copy it back and forth, even between Windows
and *nix.

I would make very sure you weren't indexing to the  stand-alone
collection and have the SolrCloud instance shut down during the
copy as a precaution.

I would also create a single-replica (i.e. leader-only) SolrCloud
collection, then do the copy. Now verify it and _then_
use the ADDREPLICA command to add more replicas for HA/DR

FWIW,
Erick