Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Toby Hobson <to...@btinternet.com> on 2008/05/13 22:34:23 UTC

Client side validation messages not re-displayed

I've just noticed something: If I have two validators and validation fails twice, I only see one error message. E.g.

@Validator("required, regexp");
public String getEmail() {
  return email;
}

message catalogue:

email-required=please enter your email
email-regexp-message=that appears to be an invalid email format, please check it

In FF I submit the empty form and get the message telling me to enter my email. So I enter "toby" and hit submit. Now the text field is redisplayed in red but there is no error message - i never see the message about the invalid format.

Has anyone else encountered this? Have I just screwed up my code or could this be a bug?

Toby