Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Lapthorn <ja...@peramon.com> on 2001/07/04 10:55:41 UTC

ISAPI_Redirect.dll

Tomcat_User,

	I have a scenario that you may be able to help me with.  My
company produce and application that enables users to connect to their
corporate exchange/domino server using their WAP phone or other mobile
device.  The application is written in Java and runs on Tomcat
standalone.  A lot of our larger customers require Securid
authentication using an ACE server.  Because of this I have used the ACE
agent to protect IIS and linked Tomcat through IIS.

The problem I have is the ACE agent uses its own filters and any page
within a protected directory it will request authentication.

I have protected the /jarkarta directory of IIS.  When I call
http://localhost/mobilizer/mobilizer which is a servlett on Tomcat I get
the Securid authentication screen.  I type my details in and then IIS
then attempts to open /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll which of course it
can't do.  If I then re-enter my URL I can gain access to it.

I have a workaround, I have added a redirect page in /jakarta which
redirects after authenticated although this solution does not make use
of some the features in the application.  Have you ever come across
problems like this before.  I guess the problem is with the ACE agent
filter.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

James Lapthorn

Peramon Technology Ltd.