Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Stefan Huber <hu...@vr-web.de> on 2007/02/20 09:04:53 UTC

Performance of DB2v8 Database

I have problems reading an existing model from a db2 database.
In my environment (DB2-Server v8 and client on Windows) it takes about 6 to 8 seconds to get the foreign keys of ONE table out of the database via the JDBC metadata functions.
The rest of the reading process is as fast as in any other database i tried (Oracle, MS SQL Server, SapDB).
Is this a kown behaviour? Are there any hints how to decrease the time of reading these data from the database? (Does anyone even use the DB2 database? ;-)

Thanks
Stefan

Re: Performance of DB2v8 Database

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 2/20/07, Stefan Huber <hu...@vr-web.de> wrote:

> I have problems reading an existing model from a db2 database.
> In my environment (DB2-Server v8 and client on Windows) it takes about 6 to 8 seconds to get the foreign keys of ONE table out of the database via the JDBC metadata functions.
> The rest of the reading process is as fast as in any other database i tried (Oracle, MS SQL Server, SapDB).
> Is this a kown behaviour? Are there any hints how to decrease the time of reading these data from the database? (Does anyone even use the DB2 database? ;-)

Not that I know of. I just ran the tests again against a DB2 instance
(v8.1.10.812) running on Windows 2000, and reading of foreign keys is
fast. However, my test instance is otherwise empty, I don't know
whether it might get slower with more stuff in the database.

Tom