Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> on 2012/08/23 00:19:50 UTC

Maintenance of the website

Hi,

unfortunately, we have to maintain our website in subversion; I still
want to ensure that the site/ directory in git accurately reflects the
changes we make to our site. Therefore, please make sure that you commit
each and every change to the svn site/ directory to git, too.

I highly recommend using git svn[1] for the site in your checkout of the
main repo. With that, you should make all changes to the site in git
first, then cherry-pick them onto git-svn.

I just went through the repo and cherry-picked all the discrepancies
from svn into git; though, inexplicably, there were differences between
the exact same commits in svn and git (e.g., svn had site/Gemfile.lock
while git didn't)

David

[1] It seems that 'git svn fetch' got a major speed boost - I just did
that for the entire repo, and it finished in under an hour, might have
even been 30 mins.