Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/12/16 13:24:24 UTC

[Kaffe][Maven] build.compiler property

Hi,

it seems as if the build.compiler property doesn't get propagated from
the workspace to Maven's build.properties.

Before I dive into Gump's Python code in order to fix that, I'd like
to know whether Brett/Eric think it would work.  Will the Maven javac
plugin (sorry if my terminology is wrong) use jikes if we have
build.compiler=jikes in build.properties?

Stefan

Re: [Kaffe][Maven] build.compiler property

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I added -Dbuild.compiler to MAVEN_OPTS in the local_brutus_env.sh
> and that should take care of it short term. Next Kaffe build at 9:00
> PST should confirm that.
>
> I tried from command-line and that works.

I had already changed the workspace definition as well.  It works
right now.  We should try whether the workspace setting - that we need
for Ant anyway - is enough, so we don't have to modify it in two
places.

Let's do one Kaffe build without the MAVEN_OPTS setting.

Is MAVEN_OPTS used to set java command line arguments as opposed to
Maven command line arguments?  If so, I'll look into modifying this
env variable in the Maven builder to make it pick up <jvmarg> and
<sysproperty> setting.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

I added -Dbuild.compiler to MAVEN_OPTS in the local_brutus_env.sh and
that should take care of it short term. Next Kaffe build at 9:00 PST
should confirm that.

I tried from command-line and that works.

-- dims

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> it seems as if the build.compiler property doesn't get propagated
> from the workspace to Maven's build.properties.

Because Gump only propagates properties, not sysproperties, which
makes a lot of sense.

I've changed it to be a property, and we'll see whether/how Maven
deals with it.

Stefan