Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by KARISHMA MALIK <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/27 06:28:28 UTC

Re: Kafka avro producer

Re: Kafka avro producer

Posted by Valentin <va...@aseno.de>.
Hi Karishma,

you can definitely use Avro without the Confluent schema registry. Just write you own serializer/ deserializer. However , you need to share the avro schema version between your producer and consumer somehow.. and also think about changes on your avro schema.

Greets
Valentin

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Re: Kafka avro producer

Posted by Gerard Klijs <ge...@openweb.nl>.
Not really possible as the producer assumes you are using the schema
registry. You can use avro for the deserialisation in some other way, but
you need to create (de)serializers that fit with the other way.

Re: Kafka avro producer

Posted by Navneet Kumar <na...@gmail.com>.
First ideally we need to provision our schema on cluster statically after
that only the put operation can be performed. Dynamic schema provisions is
supported in kafka? Not sure.. I guess no

Re: Kafka avro producer

Posted by lsroudi abdel <ls...@gmail.com>.