Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Hong Rae Cho <ch...@nextel.co.kr> on 2001/11/28 17:28:26 UTC

message compression using HTTP/1.1 in the Apache SOAP

Dear SOAP User.

I'm Hong Rae Cho on behalf of Nextel, Inc. of Korea.
I have developed a solution using Aapche SOAP 2.2.

Aapche Soap was very helpful to our project.
But, I have a serious problem.

My Client program, programmed with Delphi calls Apache SOAP via Apache HTTP Server.
I installed the mod_gzip that can compress data via HTTP/1.1  on the Apache HTTP Server.

My program can transport large data in a short time.
In other words, data transport should be considered about the performance.

There is compression algorithm used in HTTP protocol.
How does Apache SOAP implement compression algorithm used in HTTP protocal?
If Apache SOAP does not implement, How can I use compression algorithm used in HTTP protocal with Apache SOAP?

I attach my test case below.
1.apache mod_gzip log with Web Browser using GET of /soap/servlet/rpcrouter

[29/Nov/2001:01:11:39 +0900] "GET /soap/servlet/rpctestrouter.xml HTTP/1.1" 200 190 mod_gzip: DECHUNK:DECLINED:TOO_SMALL In:178 Out:0:0pct.

2.apache mod_gzip log with Delphi using POST of /soap/servlet/rpcrouter
[29/Nov/2001:01:13:08 +0900] "POST /soap/servlet/rpcrouter.xml HTTP/1.1" 200 472 mod_gzip: DECLINED:NO_ACCEPT_ENCODING In:0 Out:0:0pct.

The first log was said that data was compressed by mod_gzip.
But, The second log was said that data was not compressed with message, "DECLINED:NO_ACCEPT_ENCODING".

Thank you for any assistance.

Best Regards.