Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marcos GarcĂ­a <in...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/05 12:48:37 UTC

Stackoverflow exception

Using FOP Trunk

Hi everyone,

I'm working with FOP embedded in a Java project. During a transformation of
an XML file I get the following exception:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at
org.apache.xpath.VariableStack.getLocalVariable(VariableStack.java:345)
    at org.apache.xpath.operations.Variable.execute(Variable.java:214)
    at org.apache.xpath.operations.Variable.execute(Variable.java:186)
    at
org.apache.xpath.axes.FilterExprIteratorSimple.executeFilterExpr(FilterExprIteratorSimple.java:114)
    at
org.apache.xpath.axes.FilterExprWalker.setRoot(FilterExprWalker.java:129)
    at
org.apache.xpath.axes.WalkingIterator.setRoot(WalkingIterator.java:154)
    at
org.apache.xpath.axes.LocPathIterator.asNode(LocPathIterator.java:298)
    at org.apache.xpath.axes.LocPathIterator.bool(LocPathIterator.java:318)
    at org.apache.xpath.XPath.bool(XPath.java:410)
    at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemChoose.execute(ElemChoose.java:124)
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2411)
    at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:392)
    at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemCallTemplate.execute(ElemCallTemplate.java:246)
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2411)
    at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemChoose.execute(ElemChoose.java:139)
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2411)

    at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemChoose.execute(ElemChoose.java:139)
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2411)
    at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:392)
    at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemCallTemplate.execute(ElemCallTemplate.java:246)
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2411)

Seems like Xalan is doing a lot of recursive calls and the stack memory
overflows. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Stackoverflow exception

Posted by "Marcos.Garcia" <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

I've tried to update all my libraries and also the java version but it
didn't work. Nonetheless, thank you so much for your response.

I'll keep looking for a solution.

Marcos.