Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by rbaumhof <ra...@web.de> on 2008/09/24 10:54:33 UTC

Disabling Faces Error Handling

Hello,

we are using MyFaces for building the web pages. If we display a list or
listbox (method with return type public List<SelectIem> getSomething())
there may happen an error within the ejb container. In this case faces shows
an own error page. At the bottom of the page is a link where the tailoring
of this default behaviour is described
(http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Handling_Server_Errors). Especially two
approaches are interesting. One describes how to write an own error handler,
the other describes how to use tomahawk for installing a customized error
handler. Unfortunately both approaches don't work. The error message is
always "java.lang.class not found error". In the case of the tomahawk
approach this is clear because the class
(org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.util.ErrorRedirectJSFPageHandler) which is
described in the tutorial
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-1297) does not exist in the
tomahawk jar file (tomahawk-1.1.6.jar).

Any suggestions where one should place the self written error handler class.
Actually it is in WEB-INF/classes.

thanks for your help in advance
Ralf

Re: Disabling Faces Error Handling

Posted by rbaumhof <ra...@web.de>.
Hi Pavel,

no, i did not find a solution yet now. I have worked around the problem by
configuring error pages
in web.xml. Unfortunately this does not work for error code 500. But at the
moment i could solve all problems where error code 500 was sent, so in most
cases it's now working and the user never sees a tomcat or faces generated
error page.

Posted by PaJaSoft <ja...@fonet.cz>.