Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ken Versteeg <kv...@autofusion.com> on 2004/09/23 01:15:56 UTC

Amavis-new and SpamAssassin 3.0 - any issues?

I'm currently running Amavis-new-20030616-p5 with SpamAssassin-2.55, Postfix
and Perl_5.6.1.  I'd like to upgrade to SpamAssassin 3.0 (released today),
but I'm concerned about some of the changes made to the interface.  The
usage for some options has been changed, i.e.

>       rewrite_subject 1
>       subject_tag ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****
>
>     becomes
>
>       rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****

Similarly, the usage for the --auto-whitelist has changed.

How will these changes affect the way the functions are called from
amavisd-new?  Has anyone successfully upgraded SpamAssassin to 3.0?  Is my
current version of Amavisd-new sufficient?

Thanks for any help/insight....

Ken Versteeg

Re: Amavis-new and SpamAssassin 3.0 - any issues?

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.
> I'm currently running Amavis-new-20030616-p5 with SpamAssassin-2.55,
Postfix
> and Perl_5.6.1.  I'd like to upgrade to SpamAssassin 3.0 (released today),
> but I'm concerned about some of the changes made to the interface.  The
> usage for some options has been changed, i.e.
>
> >       rewrite_subject 1
> >       subject_tag ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****
> >
> >     becomes
> >
> >       rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****
>
> Similarly, the usage for the --auto-whitelist has changed.
>
> How will these changes affect the way the functions are called from
> amavisd-new?  Has anyone successfully upgraded SpamAssassin to 3.0?  Is my
> current version of Amavisd-new sufficient?

The upgrade to SA 3.0 with Amavisd-New works fine.  However, you will need
to update your amavisd version, as well, in order to support the SA 3.0
upgrade.  The only gotcha I noticed is the pyzor issue I reported earlier,
but like I said, there is an easy work-around for this if you are using
pyzor.

Be sure to read and follow the Amavisd-New and SA release notes and the
upgrade should go smoothly.

Bill

Re: Amavis-new and SpamAssassin 3.0 - any issues?

Posted by Vivek Khera <vi...@khera.org>.
On Sep 22, 2004, at 7:15 PM, Ken Versteeg wrote:

> How will these changes affect the way the functions are called from
> amavisd-new?  Has anyone successfully upgraded SpamAssassin to 3.0?
> Is my
> current version of Amavisd-new sufficient?

make sure you have  version of amavisd-new that understands SA 3.0.

any *.cf configuration changes you made should also be re-evaluated.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806