Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2023/02/09 09:44:03 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache EventMesh(incubating) as an Apache Top Level Project

Dear Apache Incubator Community and IPMC members,

After having the graduation discussion in the EventMesh community [1],
we passed the vote within the EventMesh community [2] and the vote
result was published[3].
We then discussed the graduation for EventMesh in the Apache Incubator
Community [4], where no issues were raised and positive replies were
received.

I would like to start this voting thread to request graduating Apache
EventMesh(incubating) from Apache Incubator as a Top Level Project.

Please provide your vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 Yes, I support the EventMesh project to graduate from the
Apache Incubator.
[ ] +0 No opinion.
[ ] -1 No, the EventMesh project is not ready to graduate, because...

Thank you for participating in the vote. This vote will stay open for
at least 72 hours.

Here is an overview of the Apache EventMesh(incubating) to help with the vote.

*Community*

● 5 new PPMC members were added, bringing the total number of PPMC
members to 14 from at least 9 different organizations.
● 20 new Committers were added, bringing the total number of
committers to 42 from at least 30 different organizations.
● 220+ new contributors participate in the community. The number of
contributors is now 250+ and growing.
● 20 Bi-weekly online meetings were held among the committers,
contributors, and users. The meeting minutes are recorded on the
mailing list[5] and cwiki [6].
● We've confirmed the VP, PMC, and Committers in the preparation
discussion at private@eventmesh [7]. Eason
Chen(chenguangsheng@apache.org) was recommended as Vice President.

*Project*

● Apache EventMesh(incubating) is a fully serverless platform used to
build distributed event-driven applications.
● Project maturity model is detailed in [8].
● EventMesh has been incubating [9] since 2021-02-18 for over 23 months.
● EventMesh community released a total of 7 Apache releases [10] by 6
different release managers from 5 different organizations.
● 1300+ issues created, and 1100+ issues closed [11].
● 1600+ pull requests created, and 1600+ pull requests closed [12],
2500+ commits added.
● The release cadence is about 3 months, with an average of 180+
issues and 230+ pull requests per release.
● Please refer to the EventMesh project incubation status [13][14] for
more information.

*Brands, License, and Copyright*

● We applied the brand [15], which has been reviewed and approved.
● EventMesh community maintains project code on GitHub and all modules
code is under Apache 2.0 license. We have reviewed all the
dependencies and ensured they do not bring any license issues [16].
All the status files, license headers, and copyright are up to date.
● EventMesh official website [17] is compliant with Apache Foundation
requirements[18].

BEGINNING OF DRAFT RESOLUTION

Establish the Apache EventMesh Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to EventMesh is a fully serverless platform used to build
distributed event-driven applications.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache EventMesh Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache EventMesh Project be and hereby is responsible
for the creation and maintenance of software related to EventMesh is a
fully serverless platform used to build distributed event-driven
applications; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache EventMesh" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache EventMesh
Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache EventMesh
Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache EventMesh
Project:

 * Alex Luo             <al...@apache.org>
 * Du Heng              <du...@apache.org>
 * Eason Chen           <ch...@apache.org>
 * Francois Papon       <fp...@apache.org>
 * Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@apache.org>
 * Junping Du           <ju...@apache.org>
 * Justin Mclean        <jm...@apache.org>
 * ShannonDing          <di...@apache.org>
 * Von Gosling          <vo...@apache.org>
 * Weiqiang Liang       <wq...@apache.org>
 * Wenjun Ruan          <we...@apache.org>
 * XiaoShuang Li        <li...@apache.org>
 * Xue Weiming          <mi...@apache.org>
 * Yuwei Zhu            <wa...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Eason Chen be appointed
to the office of Vice President, Apache EventMesh, to serve in
accordance
with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the
Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache EventMesh Project be and hereby is tasked with
the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator EventMesh
podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
EventMesh podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC is hereafter
discharged.

END OF DRAFT RESOLUTION

Best regards,
Eason Chen

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/k1rx0hs106jh0926wfhvjj11xtzok6t6
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/c2jxkklyv2rr7tzs2jrrzwpq81mo9kzk
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/dq0nx64ov1k7lbbdnml4f8dpw104p5wk
[4] https://lists.apache.org/thread/6073lxmojf1wj5xc98bccx23xy18dk2k
[5] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@eventmesh.apache.org
[6] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EVENTMESH/Meetings
[7] https://lists.apache.org/thread/9h9dn5g8tv4hjr2rb6flptf7xcoxs691
[8] https://github.com/apache/incubator-eventmesh/blob/master/maturity.md
[9] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/EventMeshProposal
[10] https://github.com/apache/incubator-eventmesh/releases
[11] https://github.com/apache/incubator-eventmesh/issues
[12] https://github.com/apache/incubator-eventmesh/pulls and
https://github.com/apache/incubator-eventmesh-website/pulls
[13] https://incubator.apache.org/projects/eventmesh.html
[14] https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/
[15] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-189
[16] https://github.com/apache/incubator-eventmesh/blob/master/LICENSE
[17] https://eventmesh.apache.org/
[18] https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/project/eventmesh

Re:[VOTE] Graduate Apache EventMesh(incubating) as an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by Mengyang Tang <my...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by walterzywei <wa...@apache.org>.
 +1 (non-binding)

Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org> 于2023年2月9日周四 17:45写道:

Posted by mikexue <mi...@apache.org>.
 +1 (non-binding)

Best regards !
Mike Xue

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) - project seems in good health and worthy to become a TLP

Posted by YuanXin Hu <hu...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Thank you sebb, I will fix it and relaunch the vote.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wei Liu <ti...@apache.org>.
+1