Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Kokkula, Sada" <Sa...@bnymellon.com> on 2014/01/24 18:15:18 UTC

Ambari upgrade 1.4.1 to 1.4.2

Ambari-Server upgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 wipes out Ambari database during upgrade. After that, not able to open the Ambari Server GUI.
Reviewed the Horton works web site for help, but the steps in doc plan not help out to fix the issue.

Appreciated for any updates.

Thanks,

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Re: Ambari upgrade 1.4.1 to 1.4.2

Posted by Chadwick Banning <ch...@gmail.com>.
Just an FYI -- I was able to upgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 and did not run
into this issue.

Re: Ambari upgrade 1.4.1 to 1.4.2

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
Upgrade should not wipe out the database. Only command that cleans up the
database is "ambari-server reset".

Can you share the document link you used for upgrade?

Is the DB Postgres?

-Sumit

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +user@ambari -user@hadoop
>
> Please post ambari related questions to the ambari user mailing list.
>
> Thanks
> +Vinod
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Kokkula, Sada <
> Sadanandam.Kokkula@bnymellon.com> wrote:
>

>> Ambari-Server upgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 wipes out Ambari database
>> during upgrade. After that, not able to open the Ambari Server GUI.
>>
>> Reviewed the Horton works web site for help, but the steps in doc plan
>> not help out to fix the issue.
>>

>> Appreciated for any updates.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is
>> confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient.
>> Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any
>> information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If
>> you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender
>> and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and
>> attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and
>> accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.
>>
>> Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain
>> disclosures relating to European legal entities.
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari upgrade 1.4.1 to 1.4.2

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.