Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Johan Cronje <jo...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/23 10:24:43 UTC

Password Change Email

Good Day,

Not sure if someone would be able to assist me, in release18.12, when
doing the forgot password function a mail is sent with reset link. The
code behind this is as below within
"applications/securityext/template/email/PasswordEmail.ftl"

<@ofbizUrl fullPath="true" secure="true"
webSiteId="${webSiteId!}">passwordChange</...@ofbizUrl>

Currently this outputs only "passwordChange" however I am expecting it
in a format like
"https://www.hostname.com:8443/webappName/control/passwordChange" or
"http://localhost:8443/webappName/control/passwordChange"

Is this correct, or is there maybe a setting that I can change to get
the @ofbizUrl functioning?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Johan Cronjé

Re: Password Change Email

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Johan,

The forgot email
template(applications/securityext/template/email/PasswordEmail.ftl)
provided in Apache OFBiz is a sample template and you can customise it
based on your need. In the current template <ofbizUrl> is being used in the
<Form> tag but you can use it in the email body as well.

I tried this functionality on my machine and see the console output:

<!-- Begin Screen
component://securityext/widget/EmailSecurityScreens.xml#PasswordEmail -->

<!-- Begin Template
component://securityext/template/email/PasswordEmail.ftl -->

<head>

</head>

password.</div>

change.</div>

  The value of websiteId is WebStore

      <form method="post"
action="https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8443%2Fecommerce%2Fcontrol%2F%2FpasswordChange?USERNAME=ashish.vijaywargiya&#x40;
abc.com&TOKEN=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiJ9.eyJ1c2VyTG9naW5JZCI6ImFzaGlzaC52aWpheXdhcZCaXoiLCJleHAiOjE2NTU5OTIwMDQsImlhdCI6MTY1NTk5MDIwNH0.zHyZVxx16fE0v5d5rRYzrXQd3f8ZaSv5UN8FdnrcFJeocxdexaQ7Ii7aou7qG5NyodIzwI8060LZ7y1U8b5xxQ&forgotPwdFlag=true&tenantId="
name="loginform" id="loginform" target="_blank">

        <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Click Here To Reset
Password" />

      </form>

      This link can be used only once.

<!-- End Template component://securityext/template/email/PasswordEmail.ftl
-->
<!-- End Screen
component://securityext/widget/EmailSecurityScreens.xml#PasswordEmail -->

If you will see the action attribute of form them you will notice that it
is creating a URL which will be submitted when someone clicks on "Click
Here To Reset Password".
For security reasons it is done like this.

Additional technical details:

You need to add two field values in the Website entity so that it could
take the base URL(domain name) in the email body. Those two fields are:
Website.httpHost and Website.httpsHost(
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ViewGeneric?entityName=WebSite&webSiteId=WebStore
)

Hope this helps!