Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/08 00:45:50 UTC

Maven release conventions?

Hi folks,

I'm handling the 0.3-incubating release of MCF, and I'm trying to
figure out what the <version> tags in the maven pom files should say.
They currently say 0.3-SNAPSHOT.  Should I edit them in the release
branch to be just 0.3?

Karl

Re: Maven release conventions?

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the answers.

This would all be fine if maven were the primary build mechanism for
ManifoldCF, but it is not at this time, for many reasons.  From your
description the pom's should remain -SNAPSHOT in the release if this
is the case, no?  Also, is there any way to have it not change
anything other than the pom's themselves?  I don't want maven to
create svn tags etc.

Karl

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.