Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org> on 2021/04/08 17:25:05 UTC

Renaming `master` branch to `main`?

Hi, All.

I'd like to propose to rename `master` branch to `main` branch.
We need to change two repositories, GitHub settings, some infra scripts.

- https://github.com/apache/orc/tree/master
- https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=orc.git

How do you think about that?

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Re: Renaming `master` branch to `main`?

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
FYI, the branch renaming process is completed by INFRA team today.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.