Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2011/12/18 10:33:11 UTC

developer with 32bit linux needed to review a patch

Hi,

there is this patch:

http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/libapache2-mod-perl2/2.0.5-4/250-lfs-perl-5.14.patch

A friend of mine has confirmed that it is required to make modperl work on
his 32bit ubuntu with perl 5.14.1.

All my systems here are 64bit. I also don't have an idea of all the
implications of the patch. I don't think it could be applied as is for the
general case.

Joe, I have added as a recipient because according to a comment in the code
you are the author of the stuff that is removed by the patch.

What do you think about it?

Torsten F�rtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

Re: developer with 32bit linux needed to review a patch

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Sunday, 18 December 2011 21:16:15 Fred Moyer wrote:
> This looks like a detailed solution.  Do you know if is there a test
> or make failure that this is related to?

I have posted all the information I have. There is no test in the "somthing.t"
format, AFAIK.

There is, however, this thread:

  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/103514#103514

So, it seems the problem is not Ububtu/Debian specific.

Torsten Förtsch

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.